Arrival by car
- from the direction of Berlin and Magdeburg: Exit the A 14 at the junction "Leipzig-Mitte" with the direction to the city centre
- from the direction of Dresden: Exit the A 14 at the junction "Leipzig-Ost" with direction to the city centre
- from the direction of Munich, Nuremberg, Erfurt: Exit the A 38 at the junction "Leipzig-Südwest" with the direction to the city centre
Arrival by train
Deutsche Bahn InterCity- und InterCityExpress trains link Leipzig with many European cities and offer direct and fast connections between the Leipzig main railway station and the Leipzig/Halle airport.
You can walk from the railway station to the university within a few minutes. See Map for directions.
For further information please visit DB Travel Service
Arrival by plane
The Leipzig/Halle airport is a roughly 30 minutes drives from the city centre. Deutsche Bahn InterCity and RegionalExpress trains run on a regular basis to the Leipzig main railway station. If you plan to use the train you can use the line "S 5X" (direction "Zwickau (Sachs) Hbf"). You can either buy a single ticket ("Einzelfahrkarte" 4,60 Euro), that is valid one hour or a day ticket ("Tageskarte" 10,60 Euro) (both are valid in the whole city centre).
If there's no flight to the Leipzig/Halle airport available it is possible to search for connections to Berlin (around 2 hours by train to Leipzig), Frankfurt am Main or Hannover (both around four hours by train to Leipzig).
If you want to travel around in the Leipzig centre to visit some places, like the "Monument to the Battle of the Nations", you can also use the various trams. A multilingual ticket machine is always available in the vehicle itself and a 1-Zone ticket (zone 110 - Leipzig city centre) will suffice, except for a longer distance like the one to the airport (see description above). Here are the prices of some ticket options:
- single ticket (1h): 2,60 Euro
- short (max 4 stops bus & tram or 1 stop s-bahn(except city centre)): 1,90 Euro
- day ticket: 7,40 Euro
- week ticket (7 days): 26,10 Euro
tourist tickets (“Leipzig Card”, get you 50% discount at some museums):
- 1 day: 12,40 Euro
- 3 day: 24,40 Euro